01 Classic Works of Art, Marine Paintings - With Footnotes, #72

Cezary Kielar, Netherlands
Girl at the seaside
Oil on Canvas
19.7 H x 23.6 W x 0.8 in

Cezary Kielar, Netherlands: "I take pictures, draw and paint ... At the moment I paint portraits, but there is a kind of ambiguity in it. The appearance of the figures has often symbolic value, so there are no faces, no eyes, they are "backside" portraits, there are not "real" portraits. Painting is my language, though my paintings are based on photography. But it is very important that my work is "made by hand" and not only by hand - it involves everything in me: receptivity, feeling, thought, sensibility and the painting skill. The artificial image, as the photograph, is just really not sufficient for me to express the vulnerability of being. As I paint fairly intuitive, I newer know what will be end of the process. The formal solutions I choose for the images, are kept simple to intensify the impact. I'm deliberately "slowing down" formally, in search for the simple stable elements to facilitate sincere focus. I use quiet colors in limited palette to support the image and not to distract from it. In the matter of fact, the paintings are about human condition, the essence of all creation. That is how it is looks from my side, the other side of the painting's life is in the eye of the beholder. More on Cezary Kielar








Images are copyright of their respective owners, assignees or others. Some Images may be subject to copyright

We do not sell art, art prints, framed posters or reproductions. Ads are shown only to compensate the hosting expenses.

If you enjoyed this post, please share with friends and family.

01 Marine Work, GEORGE SAVARY WASSON's USS Brooklyn at the Battle of Santiago de Cuba, With Footnotes, #320

GEORGE SAVARY WASSON (American, 1855-1932) USS Brooklyn at the Battle of Santiago de Cuba, c. 1901 Oil on canvas 30 x 45 in. Private collect...